Notice for Your Personal Information Protection Act
- Party collecting the data: CHANYI.
- Reason for data collection: To provide our services, marketing, administration of contracts, agreements and other legal matters, consumer and customer management and services, and other business as designated in the business registration or organization charter. When providing personalized services, your personal data may be used for purposes in addition to those specified above.
1. Identification: name, address, contact number, email address
2. Characteristics: age, gender, date of birth, etc.
- How to exercise your right to personal information: Under Clause 3 of the Personal Data Protection Act, you can: (i) access or request to obtain your data, (ii) request for a copy of your personal data, (iii) request to add to, amend, or correct your personal data, (iv) request to stop the collection, processing, or use of your data, and (v) request to delete your data. To do so, please get in touch with us. In the case of missing emails or miscommunication, action is subject to CHANYI’s reply. After a request is received, we will process the request as soon as possible.
- Filling in optional information: If the personal data requested are stated as optional, not filling these in will not affect your right to use our services; nonetheless, filling these in will enable us to provide a better browsing experience on our Platforms.
Collection, Processing, and Use of Personal Data
- After acquiring your approval, some information from our Platforms may be posted on your social media pages (e.g., Facebook). If you disapprove, please do not click the agree button or later remove or deny the posting of such information through the social network’s membership settings. If you have further questions, please get in touch with us; we will do our best to assist you with your query. We will not arbitrarily offer your personal data to third parties, except when required by legal and inspection bodies, related authorities, or companies that help us provide services.
- When all or part of CHANYI or our Platforms is separated, operating as a subsidiary company, or merged into or purchased by a third party, thus leading to a transfer of management rights, we will announce in advance on our website. It is possible that in the process of transferring management rights, part or all of our users’ personal data would also be transferred to a third party. Only personal data pertinent to the management rights transfer will be shared.
- For later identification, when you use the services provided by our website, we may set and access your cookies. You can decide whether or not to accept cookies in your computer settings or Internet settings. Please note that turning off cookies may result in reduced functionality or the disabling of certain features of our website.
Confidentiality and Security
- Staff members with access to your personal data will be restricted to those we reasonably believe that such access is necessary for providing our products or services to you or for completing relevant tasks. To protect your account and personal data, please do not reveal your username or password to a third party, nor allow a third party to apply for an account using your personal information. If you choose to reveal your personal information to third parties, you will be personally responsible for any subsequent adverse actions. If your account username or password is compromised, please immediately change your password or ask us to suspend your account (we may ask for personal information to confirm your identity).
- The Internet is not a secure environment for transmitting the information. Therefore, please do not give sensitive information to third parties or post such information on our Platforms when you use our Platforms.
Protection of Minors
- Our Platforms are not designed for minors. Users under 18 should acquire permission from a parent or legal guardian before using our services or use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. Furthermore, the parent or legal guardian must agree to collect or use any personal data provided. The parent or legal guardian may ask CHANYI to suspend their minor’s account or to stop the collection, processing, and use of their minor’s personal data, at any time.
- You may amend your personal details at any time from your account settings. We reserve the right to send you messages regarding CHANYI’s news and services and management announcements. These messages are regarded as a part of your membership agreement and cannot be opted out of.